Dependabot let me know that there's a new version of jsonwebtoken out, which affects my github-app-auth crate. The automatic PR failed because I disabled default features on all the non-dev dependencies, and some new features need to be enabled.
While I'm in there, thinking I might replace the
Hmm, turns out that
timeis actually quite a bit harder to use than
chrono. There's a book, but currently it's almost complete empty so it's hard to know where to look in the API.
I've posted a question in the project's discussion board. I might try putting up some PRs to help fill in the docs more.
A little work on the generator for this site to sort entries from new to old, and to add created/updated dates to pages. Then promptly removed the last-updated time, as it's not working correctly when rendering through github pages for some reason.
Turns out that the github publish action was doing a shallow clone. Turning it into a full clone fixed the last-modified time.
A TODO I've had for a while is to look into tree-sitter and find out what that's all about. I have a personal text editor project called emma, which I occasionally work on but is not what one might call functional. Currently it has some hacky syntax highlighting support using syntect, but maybe tree-sitter would be better since the syntax tree could be used for other operations too.
Something that surprised me is that while tree-sitter seems to have good support for incremental editing, the associated tree-sitter-highlight library does not. There are a couple open threads on it (discussion, issue), so hopefully that API will be improved at some point.
Put up a uefi-rs PR to add VM tests for Aarch64.
Looking into adding support for 32-bit x86 UEFI to uefi-rs. The existing code seems to work fine, so just a matter of updating the xtask code to understand the
ia32target and add it to the CI. The version of Ubuntu used on the github runner doesn't yet have an ia32 OVMF package, but there are some unofficial nightlies here: https://github.com/retrage/edk2-nightly. Put up a quick PR to fix broken ia32 links in that project's readme.
And here's the PR adding the ia32 target to uefi-rs.
Discovered a mistake I made in an earlier PR to replace the
build.pytest runner in uefi-rs with a pure-Rust version: the exit code of qemu is no longer checked. Put up a PR to fix that. Discovered at that point that the old version of qemu (4.2) in ubuntu-20.04 would crash on exit, fixed by pulling in a PPA to upgrade qemu.
Finally started working on updating my resume to include the time I've spent at Google after the Neverware acquisition.